Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 Days of Horror: Day 1 The Wolf Man (1941)

Throughout the month of October I'm going to try to watch one horror movie every day for the next 31 days. This is the first time I've done something like this, so lets see how long I can keep this up. I kind of wanted to do something in the spirit of Halloween this year so I figured why not give this a try. I was also inspired by Cinemassacre's Monster Madness and Atop the Fourth Wall's The Longbox of the Damned to try this out. I'll be posting here and on my Twitter what movies I'll watch each day and a I'll be writing a mini review of sorts on this Tumblr of what I think of each movie I watch.

So with that out of the now on with what I think about the first movie I watched.

1941's The Wolf Man

wolfman

My review:
Overall I thought the movie was fairly good. The first half of the movie kind of drags for a little while and the film doesn't get really interesting until in later half of the movie. The acting was pretty good. It can get a little cheesy and cliche at times, mainly during the being, but I would chalk that up to more to during time period the film was made. The special effects pretty good especially considering for the time period the film was made. Also the movie does have some flaws, but they don't overall affect the movie that much. I would recommend this movie for anyone that likes or is interested classic horror films, not really something for the modern horror fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment