Friday, October 19, 2012

I Watched A Film: The Lady Vanishes (1938)

I watched a film called The Lady Vanishes by classic filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock.

I originally watch this film thinking it could be a good film for my 31 Days of Horror, mainly because I'm really only familiar with Hitchcock as an horror thriller director. But after I watched the film I found it to be more of a mystery thriller than anything close to a horror film. So anyway after I watched I kind of figured this movie could make for a good review, because it seemed interesting enough after watching it to write an review about it.

My Review:

Overall I thought this movie was fairly good. It could be a hard watch, especially the being portion, for people how do not enjoy old timey dialogue. The film doesn't really get interesting until the characters get on the train, because before that it's pretty much a situational comedy. The story and plot are very nice and generally there is enough happening in the story to keep you interested. The sets fit the movie and time period well. The only thing I can really complain about is that the audio is not properly leveled in certain parts and it sounds like some of the actors mumble their lines now and than. I would only really recommend this to an Hitchcock or old movie fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment