Sunday, October 14, 2012

31 Days of Horror: Day 13 Dracula (1931)

Day 13 was the 1931 Dracula staring Bela Lugosi.

My review:

Overall what I thought of the movie was that it was a good film to watch. The sets were very nice in this movie, fit the time period very well. The story was nicely done, although I will admit I like the silent film Nosferatu version of the story a bit more than this version. The characters were all nicely portrayed. I especially enjoyed Dwight Frye as Renfield I guess it maybe because usually in film I like the odd outcasts more than any other character.  Bela Lugosi as Dracula was very good, you can see why everyone who does an impression or acts like Dracula uses his voice that sounds like his. They only things I would have to complain about are that I wish the making of Renfield Dracula's servant scene had a longer scene to make the transformation of Renfield more understandable, that there was a score for some parts of the film other silence, and there was a proper ending other than Harker and Mina walking up some stairs out the abbey. I would recommend this film to any classic horror, Dracula/non-Twilight vampire,   and Bela Lugosi fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment